Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Pony Army

B and I were up late on Sunday night and I dozed a bit on the couch. When we finally got up to go to bed I was in quite a groggy state. We went upstairs and tucked the girls in like we do every night. But when I walked into their room Seraphim wasn’t in her bed. I stared at her My Little Pony bedding in complete surprise, which quickly turned into panic. I started wondering how someone could have broken in and taken her without us knowing! I whipped around to see B’s face silently telling me to calm down as he turned around and left the room to look in our bed. As he left I turned back around to stare at, what I thought was, her empty bed. Then, as the groggy fog cleared, I realized she was laying all sideways like, drooling away and blending right in with her My Little Ponies. I whistled B back in, turned her around and tucked her in.

As we walked into our room for the night I said that I just couldn’t even see her, it was like she was wearing My Little Pony camouflage. To which we looked right at each other and said, "ponyflage?"

I laughed heartily and he chuckled in that mild way that he does... it was a moment.

1 comment:

Allison said...

You make me smile.